How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3775
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to get information on working as a non-us resident/citizen US company F

Customer Question

I would like to get information on working as a non-us resident/citizen for a US company FROM europe
Company: US
Employee: Dutch Citizen, residing in Belgium
Situation: Dutch citizen, residing in Belgium working full-time as account manager for the US company.
How do taxes work?
How do I get paid out?
Would it be classified as an employee/employer relationship, and what implications does that have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
As a non-U.S. citizen/resident for tax purposes and if your only income from the U.S. company is from compensation for services performed for that company, and you performed no services for the company while physically present in the U.S., you will not be subject to US taxes on that income.
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,