How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i get my w-2 form from 2000 to 2005.went to irs and

Customer Question

how can i get my w-2 form from 2000 to 2005.went to irs and they just gave me to 2005
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
Unfortunately the IRS just goes back 10 years when you need copies.
The SSA can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present. You can get free copies if you need them for a Social Security-related reason.
There is a fee of $37 for each year if you need them for an unrelated reason.
Send your request with a check or money order payable to the Social Security Administration. Please include your Social Security number on the check or money order. You also can pay with a credit card by completing Form-714. Regular credit card rules apply.
The above url if or the form you will need.
Please send your request to:
Social Security Administration
Office of Central Operations
Division of Earnings Record Operations
P.O. Box 33003
Baltimore, MD###-##-####
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
I hope the information was helpful. If you still have questions, even after reading, please let me know.