How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Washington state, I owe back taxes to California.

Customer Question

I live in Washington state, I owe back taxes to California. I want to negotiate a settlement. They have been garnishing my wages for the last 7 or 8 years, I am about retire
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!If you are seeking for a relief - and you are unable to pay - and will not be able to pay in future - you need to apply for Offer in Compromise(OIC).If that is what you are looking - you will find additional information here - you are looking for some to represent you - you might want to look in California because there is special authorization.So local tax specialists might be not helpful.