Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I live in Washington state, I owe back taxes to California.

Customer Question
I want to negotiate a...
I live in Washington state, I owe back taxes to California. I want to negotiate a settlement. They have been garnishing my wages for the last 7 or 8 years, I am about retire
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/10/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Hi and welcome to our site!If you are seeking for a relief - and you are unable to pay - and will not be able to pay in future - you need to apply for Offer in Compromise(OIC).If that is what you are looking - you will find additional information here - https://www.ftb.ca.gov/bills_and_notices/OIC.shtmlIf you are looking for some to represent you - you might want to look in California because there is special authorization.So local tax specialists might be not helpful.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney