Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Just wondering with the new small business tax rebate of

Customer Question
Hi just wondering with the...
Hi just wondering with the new small business tax rebate of assets under $20000, if i was to buy an asset now will i get the rebate back straight away or will i get it back on my next tax return
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/10/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello,The deduction would be claimed when you file. Instead of having to claim the cost over a number of years you would be allowed to so so in one. It would accelerate the depreciation time of the asset.A small business with turnover of less than $2,000,000 can purchase assets up to the value of $20,000 and get an immediate tax deduction for them when they lodge rather than having to write them down over the following years.
Wanted to touch base with you and make sure all worked out.
If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4