Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have not filed last two years what will I need to

Customer Question
I have not filed for...
I have not filed for the last two years what will I need to do before I get in even more trouble.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/10/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
you ONLY need to file your past tax returns - very simple.The hard part - you do need to have all documents reporting your income - W2,m 1099 etc.If you do not have these - you woudl need to get copies.But if you have all supporting documents - there should not be a problem to file.Let me know what income you had and I will help to estimate your possible tax liability.
I have made several moves in the two years and worked for the state in that time. I do not have the W2's from the different jobs I have worked so I am in the process of getting copies.
If you will be able to get copies from your employers - that woudl be great.If that is an issue - you may order your tax account transcript from the IRS.That transcript will have all inc=formation reported by payers - including W2s.
Tax return and record of account transcripts are only available for the current tax year and three prior processing years. You must submit Form 4506T to request an account transcript for a tax year not available through get transcript by mail.
http://www.irs.gov/file_source/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf
.
Because your tax returns were not filed - you woudl need to request record of account transcripts.
You may also order transcripts online - from this IRS page
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
There is NO fee for transcripts and transcripts should arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days.
If your withholding was correct - you should not have any additional tax liability or such liability woudl be very small.
Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor