How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29571
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not filed last two years what will I need to

Customer Question

I have not filed for the last two years what will I need to do before I get in even more trouble.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
you ONLY need to file your past tax returns - very simple.The hard part - you do need to have all documents reporting your income - W2,m 1099 etc.If you do not have these - you woudl need to get copies.But if you have all supporting documents - there should not be a problem to file.Let me know what income you had and I will help to estimate your possible tax liability.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have made several moves in the two years and worked for the state in that time. I do not have the W2's from the different jobs I have worked so I am in the process of getting copies.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
If you will be able to get copies from your employers - that woudl be great.If that is an issue - you may order your tax account transcript from the IRS.That transcript will have all inc=formation reported by payers - including W2s.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Tax return and record of account transcripts are only available for the current tax year and three prior processing years. You must submit Form 4506T to request an account transcript for a tax year not available through get transcript by mail.
Because your tax returns were not filed - you woudl need to request record of account transcripts.
You may also order transcripts online - from this IRS page
There is NO fee for transcripts and transcripts should arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days.
If your withholding was correct - you should not have any additional tax liability or such liability woudl be very small.
Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.