Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received cell phone telling me I have a tax lien against

Customer Question
I don't see how but...
I received cell phone telling me I have a tax lien against I don't see how but how would I find the answer. thank you maryann
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/9/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
Thank you for requesting my assistance. That phone call is likely a scam. The IRS and state taxing agencies do not contact taxpayers by phone to inform them of a tax lien. This is usually done via mail. You can refer to the following IRS webpage for more information relating to the various telephone and other scams relating to the IRS.
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Repeats-Warning-about-Phone-Scams
To be certain, you can always call the IRS or authorize someone to call on your behalf to find out what is going on with your tax account. 1-***-***-****. If you authorize someone to make the call for you, you will need to complete either a Form 8821 (Tax Information Authorization) or a Form 2848 (Power of Attorney).
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant