How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12667
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost a irs document via mail that needs to be done

Customer Question

hi.... i lost a irs document via mail that needs to be done in 10 days. xxxxxx is my social. can you help me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Can you tell me what the document is? (IRS form number, etc.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no but I did not file a 3014 return and the irs sent me a [ackege to get more info about me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my social is###-##-####
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
Yes, they actually do this from an automated system ... when you don't file a return.
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
So there's no way to get very same form ... but if you objective is to get the information TO them, there's another way to get that to them
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
This is IRS form 8822 which will accomplish the same thing... getting them a NEW address .. OR ... confirming that the address they have is correct..