How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15308
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Robin, I am a US citizen who resides within the UAE

Customer Question

Hello Robin,
I am a US citizen who resides within the UAE and owns a controlling percentage of a UAE corporation.
We will be regularly invoicing a US company for software development services that are solely performed within the UAE.
Do you know if our services are liable to be taxed at 30% and withheld by the US company?
In specific, do you know what FACTA status our company would be categorized as (Chapter 4 Status within the W-8BEN-E)?
Thank you,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,The US company would not withhold as long as the services are performed in the UAE. The W8 BEN E would be used and Active NFFE appears to be your status for Part 1 Line 5. You would check CORPORATION under Line 4. Lines 6,7,and 8 should be for the corporation only not you personally or any of your information.Complete Part XXV and sign.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
I sincerely ***** ***** was useful.