Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Robin, I am a US citizen who resides within the UAE

Customer Question
Hello Robin, I am a US...
Hello Robin,
I am a US citizen who resides within the UAE and owns a controlling percentage of a UAE corporation.
We will be regularly invoicing a US company for software development services that are solely performed within the UAE.
Do you know if our services are liable to be taxed at 30% and withheld by the US company?
In specific, do you know what FACTA status our company would be categorized as (Chapter 4 Status within the W-8BEN-E)?
Thank you,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/8/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello,The US company would not withhold as long as the services are performed in the UAE. The W8 BEN E would be used and Active NFFE appears to be your status for Part 1 Line 5. You would check CORPORATION under Line 4. Lines 6,7,and 8 should be for the corporation only not you personally or any of your information.Complete Part XXV and sign.
I sincerely ***** ***** was useful.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4