How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3616
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My client made an error appraised value of property

Customer Question

My client made an error for the appraised value of property on his gift tax return.
I need some help to advise him on amending his gift tax return.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
HelloWhen you find that you must change something on a return that has already been filed, you should:File another Form 709; there is no special form to amend the gift tax return. Mark “amended” • Attachment explaining changes.
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Different expert here – my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with information regarding amending Form 709.
Per Rev. Proc. 2000-34, the top of the first page of the amended 709 must contain the following language:
“Amended Form 709 for gifts made in (insert the calendar year that the gift was made).”
Be sure to attach a copy of all pages of the original Form 709 you filed.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,