How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3822
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

H&R blockin foston MN did my taxes 2012 and made mistakes one

Customer Question

H&R blockin foston MN did my taxes 2012 and made mistakes one time 15,000 ans the IRS SENT me a letter that H&R block had made a 25,000 mistake and now I am having to pay taxes on this amount can I get help to pay less on these taxes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Unfortunately, unless you paid for H&R Block's Peace of Mind guarantee (which covers penalties and interest and up to $5,000 in taxes), H&R Block will not be responsible or accountable for a mistake that one of their tax preparers made. Ultimately, any tax liability that results from a mistake made by an H&R Block tax preparer is your responsibility.
My best advice would be to speak to the district manager of H&R Block regarding the situation and let them review your tax return with the IRS letter. The IRS has been known to make mistakes so I would not just assume that they are correct.
I wish I had a better answer for you that would relieve you of any responsibility, but I do not.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,