Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have tried to file my 1040ez multiple times using the same

Customer Question
PIN but it will not...
I have tried to file my 1040ez multiple times using the same PIN but it will not go through. I now need a verification of my student income for financial aid that is pending for the fall. I have tried calling the irs but cannot seem to get through to the correct line to get help
Taylor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/6/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
Taylor, as you are unable to use your PIN, you will need to call the IRS at the number below. SEE BELOW:
Replacing a lost IP PIN
If you are unable to retrieve your IP PIN or use the Get an IP PIN online tool, you may call our Identity Theft Specialized Unit at 1-***-***-****, to obtain a replacement IP PIN. You must verify your identity and a replacement IP PIN will be issued to you. However, please know that the use of a replacement IP PIN will subject your tax return to greater review and may mean a delay in processing your refund. Note: The IPSU hours of operation are: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).
REFERENCE SOURCE:
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Lost-or-Misplaced-IP-PINs
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant