Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We recieved social security retirement spouse this year

Customer Question
we recieved social security retirement...
we recieved social security retirement for my spouse this year and disability for myself and in addition veterans disability for me how much is taxable what about the back pay
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/6/2015
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 2 years ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Hi
I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years, and I'll be happy to help you, but I need just a little bit more information.
I understand that you are receiving Veteran's Disability, but you mentioned another disability income. Are you collecting SS disability? If not, can you tell me who's paying it? (Previous employer possibly?)
You mentioned something about back pay. Were you collecting disability from an employer and SS paid you a lump sum that includes payments for previous years?
Finally, do you have any other income other than the disability income for you and your spouse. Pension income?
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer