Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I lost my ITIN, How can I get it?

Customer Question
I lost my ITIN, How can I get it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
7/2/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
HI. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
The only way to get your ITIN if you lost it is to call IRS directly. You can call(###) ###-####or ITIN hotline(###) ###-#### ***** there's no database and since you already had one you cannot apply for a new one.
Starting next year some ITIN numbers will expire if not used within 5 years, but at the moment all ITINs are still active so you cannot get another one.
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser