How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3003
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went on line to print out a copy of my 2014 tax return to

Customer Question

I went on line to print out a copy of my 2014 tax return to find out it is not available at this time. Told to fill out form 4056 and mail in. That is ok, but why a $50.00 charge? I am a senior citizen living on social security only so that is a lot of money. Is there something else I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
If you want actual copy of the return, IRS will charge you $50 per copy, no exceptions.
However, you can request your tax return transcript that is free of charge. It is not exactly a copy of your return but it has all information that your tax return has in slightly different format. It is commonly used and most places, including banks and financial institution will accept the transcript.
You can order your transcript by phone or you can have it mailed to you using this IRS link:
To get it by phone call(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Let me know if you have any questions.