emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I went on line to print out a copy of my 2014 tax return to

Customer Question

I went on line to print out a copy of my 2014 tax return to find out it is not available at this time. Told to fill out form 4056 and mail in. That is ok, but why a $50.00 charge? I am a senior citizen living on social security only so that is a lot of money. Is there something else I can do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
If you want actual copy of the return, IRS will charge you $50 per copy, no exceptions.
However, you can request your tax return transcript that is free of charge. It is not exactly a copy of your return but it has all information that your tax return has in slightly different format. It is commonly used and most places, including banks and financial institution will accept the transcript.
You can order your transcript by phone or you can have it mailed to you using this IRS link: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
To get it by phone call(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Let me know if you have any questions.