Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'AM BUYING A HOUSE AND NEEDED TO CHANGE MY WITHHOLDINGS, IT

Customer Question
IS LOCKED AT 0. MY...
I'AM BUYING A HOUSE AND NEEDED TO CHANGE MY WITHHOLDINGS, IT IS LOCKED AT 0. MY QUESTION IS I DON'T HAVE A LOCK OUT LETTER, IS THER ANYWAY THAT I CAN GET THIS REVERSED
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/30/2015
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
Your question does not contain information as to why your withholding amount is locked at 0 and you do not have a lock-in letter from the IRS.
If your employer cannot/will not accept a revised W-4 changing your withholding amount, you can request that the IRS change their decision by phone, fax, or mail.
Call toll free 1-***-***-**** weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Send a fax to 1-***-***-****
Write to:
Internal Revenue Service
Compliance Services
Withholding Compliance Unit
P.O. Box 9047, Stop 837
Andover, MA 01810-0
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent