Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I'AM BUYING A HOUSE AND NEEDED TO CHANGE MY WITHHOLDINGS, IT

Customer Question

I'AM BUYING A HOUSE AND NEEDED TO CHANGE MY WITHHOLDINGS, IT IS LOCKED AT 0. MY QUESTION IS I DON'T HAVE A LOCK OUT LETTER, IS THER ANYWAY THAT I CAN GET THIS REVERSED
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
Your question does not contain information as to why your withholding amount is locked at 0 and you do not have a lock-in letter from the IRS.
If your employer cannot/will not accept a revised W-4 changing your withholding amount, you can request that the IRS change their decision by phone, fax, or mail.
Call toll free 1-***-***-**** weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Send a fax to 1-***-***-****
Write to:
Internal Revenue Service
Compliance Services
Withholding Compliance Unit
P.O. Box 9047, Stop 837
Andover, MA 01810-0
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me.
Best regards,
Barb