Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I pay estimated tax on-line?

Customer Question
How do I pay estimated tax on-line?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Tax
6/29/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
Q: How do I pay estimated tax on-line?
A: You can use the EFTPS system. SEE BELOW:
Security You Can Count On
EFTPS® is a secure government web site that allows users to make federal tax payments electronically. Every user must have a secure Internet browser with 128-bit encryption in order to access the site. To log on to the system, an enrolled user must be authenticated with three pieces of unique information: Taxpayer Identification Number (EIN or SSN), EFTPS® Personal Identification Number (PIN) and an Internet Password. The combination of these three pieces of identification adds to the security of the site and the privacy of taxpayer data.
Convenience at Your Fingertips
EFTPS® offers you the convenience and flexibility of making your tax payments via the Internet or phone. You can initiate your tax payment from your home or office, 24/7.
Businesses and Individuals can schedule payments up to 365 days in advance. Scheduled payments can be changed or cancelled up to two business days in advance of the scheduled payment date.
You can use EFTPS® to make all your federal tax payments, including income, employment, estimated and excise taxes.
You can check up to 16 months of your EFTPS® payment history online or by calling EFTPS® Customer Service.
Accuracy You Can Depend On
By 8 p.m. ET at least one calendar day in advance of the due date, submit your payment instructions to EFTPS® to move the funds from your account to the Treasury's account for payment of your federal taxes. Funds will not move from your account until the date you indicate. You will receive an immediate acknowledgement of your payment instructions, and your bank statement will confirm the payment was made.
EFTPS® Enrollment
To enroll, or for more information on enrollment, visit EFTPS® or call EFTPS® Customer Service to request an enrollment form:
1-***-***-****
1-***-***-**** (TDD Hearing-Impaired)
1-***-***-**** (Español)
EFTPS Inquiry PIN
When Payroll Service Providers enroll clients in EFTPS an EFTPS Inquiry PIN will automatically be sent to the taxpayer. Taxpayers who have had activity on their EFTPS account over the prior 12 months will also receive Inquiry PINs. This Inquiry PIN allows the taxpayer access to monitor the EFTPS for transactions made on their behalf.
EFTPS Webpage:
https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/
REFERENCE SOURCE:
http://www.irs.gov/uac/EFTPS-The-Electronic-Federal-Tax-Payment-System
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.