Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I am wanting to know if my husband's Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Veterans P

Customer Question

I am wanting to know if my husband's Totally and Permanently Incapacitated Veterans Pension from Australia is taxable on our USA tax return..My husband can no longer work due to the disability and it is not taxable in Australia...when I read treaty info..I interpret it to say it is not taxable in the USA either...Can you help me with this? My husband has no income in us.. Thanks
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello,You can exclude from income amounts you receive as a pension, annuity, or similar allowance for personal injury or sickness resulting from active service in the armed forces of any country.If your husband receives a payment that is for a service related injury from Australia it is not taxable in the US.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
In the US this is called Service-connected disability.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what else you require. Please let me know