Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have medical equipment and ac I need reasons.

Customer Question
I have medical equipment and...
I have medical equipment and ac I need for medical reasons.
The electical bill is in my name but I pay no taxess can I add my daughters name to my
electical bill so she can take some of it off her taxes
thankyou
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Tax
6/23/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
Q: can I add my daughters name to my
A: Unfortunately no, following are a few reasons why;
1) Unless you are a dependent of your daughter's she cannot claim the expense. Even if your daughter were able to claim the expense as a medical expense, her total medical expenses would have to exceed 10% of adjusted gross income to be deductible.
2) References don't particularly address air conditioners, but the purchase and upkeep (e.g., additional utility costs to tenant because of oxygen machine [in properties with tenant paid utilities only can be deducted, if you were a dependent or the expense was for your daughter.
You can refer to the following webpage for more information;
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=DOC_35703.pdf
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.