How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mailing address change from street number to post office box

Customer Question

mailing address change from street number to post office box number for my return as per post office instruction.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
What exactly is it that you want to know? Has the return already been filed? If not, you can simply use the PO Box on the tax return. The IRS will record the address shown on your latest return as your address of record. If on the other hand, the return has already been filed and you want to change the address on your IRS records, complete the form 8822 and mail it in to the appropriate address.
Link to form 8822:
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.