Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Mailing address change from street number to post office box

Customer Question
number for my return as...
mailing address change from street number to post office box number for my return as per post office instruction.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/23/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Welcome. Thank you for choosing us to assist you. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to help make your life, a little... less taxing.
What exactly is it that you want to know? Has the return already been filed? If not, you can simply use the PO Box on the tax return. The IRS will record the address shown on your latest return as your address of record. If on the other hand, the return has already been filed and you want to change the address on your IRS records, complete the form 8822 and mail it in to the appropriate address.
Link to form 8822:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant