ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

They are taking money out of my retirement money but they gave

Customer Question

They are taking money out of my retirement money but they gave not sent me any figure how much I owe and my balance. They have been taking money out of my military retirement for about 7 yrs and now out of my federal retirement and still no statement
Category: Tax
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
That's sad to hear. First, Thanks for serving. My dad was a disabled Vet. They are required by law to send you, at minimum, an annual statement. Due to privacy laws there is no way they will speak to me without you being on the telephone or my having a power of attorney to act on your behalf. I would suggest the following: (1) contact whoever has provided you with a statement in the past(2) consider a telephone call with myself. We can arrange for a conference call or you and I can make arrangements for me to get the necessary paperwork to force them to deal with me (Limited power of attorney instructing them to discuss the account with me and provide an accounting/statements).
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Please rate my response in order that I can close this question out.
It will cost you nothing extra to do so and will help me greatly.
Thank you so very much in advance.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Please rate me with an OK (at least). It costs you nothing extra and that is how I get paid.