Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I did a very moronic thing a while ago, I put off filing my

Customer Question
taxes including Fed (for which...
I did a very moronic thing a while ago, I put off filing my taxes including Fed (for which I was due a refund), State (for which I think I owe a couple hundred), and local (for which I might owe something). It was a couple years ago, and I don't even know what to do about it, though it's not the cost except the penalties that concern me. I'm not even positive which year it was. Is there a way to find out for all 3 levels which years I filed and which I didn't?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/20/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
The easiest way is to call IRS, PA department of revenue and the city department to ask if there are any unfilled returns. Once you know which years are missing, you can request IRS transcript (if you don't have all your w2s and other tax documents) and file the missing years. Here's how to get IRS transcript: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
State taxes and local taxes will be more tricky, because if you don't have w2s, you will not know how much state and local taxes were withheld.
Here are the phone #:
IRS:(###) ###-####(be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes or longer)
PA:(###) ###-####
What city you are in? Philadelphia or Pittsburgh area?
My local area is Franconia Township in Souderton School District, Montgomery County (which borders Philadelphia)
Franconia Township Tax Collector
Mr. Gerald DeLong
886 Laurel Lane, Harleysville
Phone(###) ###-####
Township Building: *****
Telford, PA 18969
Phone(###) ###-####Fax(###) ###-####
E-mail ***@******.***
This is for your local taxes. The best time to call is usually Wednesday or Thursday morning, if you call Monday or Tuesday you might be on hold longer.
Let me know if you have any questions, need clarification or want to discuss it further. And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser