Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do i get id tax no

Customer Question
how do i get id tax no
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/18/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
If you are asking about receiving a Tax Identification Number for yourself or another individual, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals and others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements and do not qualify for Social Security Numbers (SSNs).
Use the latest revision of Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to apply. Attach a valid federal income tax return, unless you qualify for an exception, and include your original proof of identity or copies certified by issuing agency and foreign status documents.
Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:
Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center
ITIN Operation
P.O. Box 149342
Austin, TX###-##-####
Please advise if you need clarification or you were asking about a number for a different entity than an individual.
Post below and let me know if you need more information please
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What more information do you need?
I need to know if you need a number for a person or a business
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4