Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have been granted 100% inimployability an also receive S's…

Customer Question
I have been granted 100%...
I have been granted 100% inimployability an also receive S's retirement can i be forgiven for any irs taxes?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Tax
6/16/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello,The IRS does not forgive taxes. They do have different programs for individuals that have an outstanding tax debt.If you are not working and you receive Social Security, you can request that they place you as Currently Not Collectible status.That means that the debt is not enforced by them unless your circumstances were to change. You would not have your SS levied (a portion taken) while on CNC status.You can call the 800_829_1040 number or the phone number on the last notice you received.They will want to know about your assets and your income so have that ready.
Tax Professional: ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions. replied 3 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. Retired CPA
Thank you for requesting me.
There are several ways to deal with this IRS debts.
For example, bankruptcy will eliminate the debt. Most people are under the misconception that IRS taxes are not forgiven in a bankruptcy, yet this is a myth.
Bankruptcy will obviously depend on assets and income but it is a a strong possibility based on previous chats.
I will offer you a call to discuss this because I think this is the easiest way to help you. I prefer a call. Often information from a call changes the original answer (based on the limited information supplied in the original question).
Additional information normally comes out in a call and I am better able to give an exact answer that applies to YOUR situation.
We will speak as long as necessary to resolve your issue. This is the minimum JA allows for additional services ($5-$500).
All you need do is accept the offer ($5) and I'll be able to share my number with you in a private screen.