How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29964
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a 1099-C from a cancellation of debt fro 2013,

Customer Question

Hello, I need a 1099-C from a cancellation of debt fro 2013, I received a notice from the IRS and I need this copy to clear up IRS issue, how to I go about getting a replacement 1099-C. I have the bank and account information
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!Generally - there are two options - contact the sender and ask for a replacement copy, OR - request the tax account transcript from the IRS - that will contain information reported on form 1099C.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
So - if you know the sender - you may simply contact them.To request the tax account transcript from the IRS - you need to contact personally.Most taxpayers will ask for a copy of their prior year tax return. In many cases, however, a transcript will provide the information they need more quickly. Transcripts provide taxpayers with a computer-created record of their tax return that includes most of the line-items as filed with the IRS, including any accompanying forms and schedules. The transcript doesn't reflect any changes the taxpayer, his/her representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. You can request the transcript be mailed to your address of record using the Get Transcript application. may also use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, if you need other transcript types.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Another way to clear the issue - is to contact the IRS directly by visiting a local office.
RS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs) are your source for personal tax help when you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone, and you want face-to-face tax assistance.
Please verify here locations in your state that are close to you
Let me know if you need any help.
I am here to help with all tax related issues.