Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

L need my state of Michigan income tax transcript

Customer Question
for 1990....
L need my state of Michigan income tax transcript for 1990.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/13/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
States don't provide income transcripts since most income information is reported to IRS only. You can get a transcript of your Michigan state tax return here: http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238-43715-153676--F,00.html
Going so far back as 1990 creates another challenge. At that time returns were not e-filed and tax agencies only kept limited amount of information. States and IRS don't keep the information forever. You can get IRS transcript up to 6 years back, state transcripts varies.
If you need a copy of your W2 your best option is to contact social security administration. That's the only place that keeps actual copies of w2 for a long period of time. They charge about $30 per copy.
I wish I had a better news for you. Getting copies or transcripts from before 2000 is much more difficult than getting copies from the last 3 years (IRS and most state statute of limitation)
I see you read my respond. Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser