How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2997
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

L need my state of Michigan income tax transcript

Customer Question

L need my state of Michigan income tax transcript for 1990.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
States don't provide income transcripts since most income information is reported to IRS only. You can get a transcript of your Michigan state tax return here:,4676,7-238-43715-153676--F,00.html
Going so far back as 1990 creates another challenge. At that time returns were not e-filed and tax agencies only kept limited amount of information. States and IRS don't keep the information forever. You can get IRS transcript up to 6 years back, state transcripts varies.
If you need a copy of your W2 your best option is to contact social security administration. That's the only place that keeps actual copies of w2 for a long period of time. They charge about $30 per copy.
I wish I had a better news for you. Getting copies or transcripts from before 2000 is much more difficult than getting copies from the last 3 years (IRS and most state statute of limitation)
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
I see you read my respond. Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.