How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29934
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know the exact amount i owe so i can set up payment

Customer Question

i need to know the exact amount i owe so i can set up payment plan.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!The IRS will not provide such information over the phone...However - you may use the tax account transcript.Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data including return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income, credits and payments. It also shows adjustments made by you or the IRS after you filed the return.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to get the info but it will not retreive for me. My tax person died and I am trying to get all of my info. She filed for me and gave me the amount but i cannot find it. Is there any other way to find out without being on old for hours.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
When you order - be sure to choose the Tax Account Transcript and not Tax Return Transcript which shows line items from your tax return.
That Tax Account Transcript will confirm if your estimated tax payment was received and credited to your tax account - and will confirm that refund issued by the IRS.
You can get a transcript by mail only - but may order online - start from this page
Let me know if you need any help.
If you have difficulties to order online - you may send a form 4506T to the IRS by mail.
The mailing address is on the second page - depending on your state.
You may also fax form 4506T to the IRS -
Let me know if you need any help.