How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm filling out a w9 form new business that I started

Customer Question

I'm filling out a w9 form for a new business that I started with a partner. We have a "DBA" name, but no EIN.
Whose social security number goes on the W9 form?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!If the business is organized as a partnership - you woudl need to apply for EIN specifically assigned to that partnership.And woudl need to use that EIN on form W9 when the partnership is a payee.You would ONLY use your SSN when you personally are a payee.If you provide your own SSN - payments will be reported to you personally - and the IRS woudl expect to see these payments on your individual tax return.