Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I'm filling out a w9 form new business that I started

Customer Question
I'm filling out a w9...
I'm filling out a w9 form for a new business that I started with a partner. We have a "DBA" name, but no EIN.
Whose social security number goes on the W9 form?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/11/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Hi and welcome to our site!If the business is organized as a partnership - you woudl need to apply for EIN specifically assigned to that partnership.And woudl need to use that EIN on form W9 when the partnership is a payee.You would ONLY use your SSN when you personally are a payee.If you provide your own SSN - payments will be reported to you personally - and the IRS woudl expect to see these payments on your individual tax return.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney