How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex is self employed and taking advantage of significant tax

Customer Question

Ex is self employed and taking advantage of significant tax savings and declaring a lower income than mine forcing me to pay spousal even though he makes significantly more than me. Can I do anything about this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
If you think that your ex-spouse doesn't report income correctly OR claimed deductions that are not correct - you may file a fraud report to the IRS.If you truly believe that your spouse violated the tax law - you may report that as a tax fraud.That is your right.You may report that to the IRS by Using Form 3949-A, Information Referral the form and mail to:•Internal Revenue Service•Fresno, CA 93888