Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is installation labor taxable in Dade County florida if no exemption is presented to contr…

Customer Question
is installation labor taxable in...
is installation labor taxable in Dade County florida if no exemption is presented to contractor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/11/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Generally, when installing or repairing tangible personal property, parts and labor are taxable. If the job is “labor only” it is not taxable, but the repairer must document that no parts or other items were incorporated into or attached to the repaired item.Examples of Tangible Personal Property• Carpets (except those that become real property) and rugs• Drapes, curtains, blinds, shades, or slipcovers• Equipment used to provide communications services installed on a customer’s premises• Garbage can receptacles• Household appliances (except “built-in” appliances)• Lawn markers• Mail boxes• Mirrors, except those that become real property• Portable ice machines and refrigerators• Precast clothesline poles• Radio and television antennas• Stepping stones• Window air-conditioning units
Contractors and manufacturers who provide and install items of tangible personal property are considered to be retail dealers and:
• Should buy the materials tax-exempt for resale.
• Should charge sales tax on the full price, including installation, materials and any other charges.
See for reference
http://dor.myflorida.com/Forms_library/current/gt800067.pdf
http://dor.myflorida.com/Forms_library/current/gt800007.pdf
Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor