Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a tax offset listed on the top hotline taxes,

Customer Question
I have a tax offset...
I have a tax offset listed on the top hotline for state taxes, I have a compliance office assigned to my case and stated the account is on hold and all further collections were stopped while working the case. I just received my 2013 amended return refund last week with out any offset from the state and wondering do I need to worry about my 2014 refund?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/11/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Hi and welcome to our site!In general - if all further collections were stopped - your 2014 tax return should NOT be affected.However - as long as there is a tax debt - I would contact the compliance office and confirm that your account is updated accordingly and you woudl not have any surprises.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney