Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need a copy of my 1985 W2 form, I mistakenly entered 1988…

Customer Question
I need a copy of...
I need a copy of my 1985 W2 form, I mistakenly entered 1988
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Tax
6/7/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Hello. Thank you for choosing this Question and Answer service. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you today.
1985 W2--you won't be getting that from the IRS. You can however contact the social security office and they should be able to provide you with a record of your earnings for that year. Whether or not they will be able to provide you with an actual copy of the W2, that I am not sure about. You can request a certified copy of your earnings or a non-certified copy. The information a the following link is how you would accomplish getting that info.
http://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.