How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3572
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my 1985 W2 form, I mistakenly entered 1988

Customer Question

I need a copy of my 1985 W2 form, I mistakenly entered 1988
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing this Question and Answer service. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you today.
1985 W2--you won't be getting that from the IRS. You can however contact the social security office and they should be able to provide you with a record of your earnings for that year. Whether or not they will be able to provide you with an actual copy of the W2, that I am not sure about. You can request a certified copy of your earnings or a non-certified copy. The information a the following link is how you would accomplish getting that info.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.