Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I hope I convey properly . I am in Indiana

Customer Question

Hi, I hope I convey properly for understanding. I am in Indiana with an S Corp. I have acquired too much debt, personally. I have one line of credit solely in the company's name and neither officer is personally connected to the line. My partner has no financial issues.
It is only me. I have a third party handling the debt negotiations. Now comes the question I have to ask.
I was approached by a company DTCA Consulting Services. Www.direct ta_es.com The one key doesn't work on my keyboard. Their claim is that since I have Corp set-up that I have unique advantages. Most are from the recession under Reagan. Legal fees they claim have a one time REFUND up to $15,000.00. Some other e_amples were given but I don't have them remembered.
I have taken the loses and keep moving them forward. I need to know if anyone here knows of this program?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
I would be VERY careful with this company
They MAY be scam artists.
Not only are they NOT accredited by the Better Business Bureau, they have a score of F. (on a rating scale from A-Plus to F)
This is mostly because they have only been operating for a year or so and have already had three complaints with the Better Business Bureau, and they have failed to respond to 2 of the complaints.
I also noticed that their refund is good only if you request within three days and do so in writing.
(Many companies do this so that they can say they didn't receive the request or didn't receive it in time)
As Clark Howard and many other consumer protection reporters will tell you, both Tax resolution services and credit repair services are where we see the highest frequency of scams, because they play on people's fear or provide false hope.
I would tread VERY carefully here
You might also be interest in see this response about the company from one of our attorneys:
QUESTION
"this company ligit? D T C A Consulting Services 4340 E. IdianSchool Rd. Phoenix
AZ They want to charge me $5300.00 to apply for a grant fo $50,000.00 from California State. It dosen't sound too good to me ."
ANSWER:
"No, this is not legit. No one can guaranty that you will be awarded a government grant. Grant application is a common scam. You do not need to pay anyone to apply for a government grant. These con artists reach out to hundreds or thousands of people hoping a few will send them money.
Do not send any money. They are listed on BBB but not endorsed.
You can apply yourself for any grants. You do not need to pay anyone to do it."
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/law/90ovn-company-ligit-consulting-services-4340-e-idianschool.html#ixzz3cOztfT8u
Again, In this experts opinion, you need more than these claims ... and they have essentially no track record at all ... other than putting lots of cheap web-sites out there in an effort to look legit.
I hope you'll rate me (that's the only way we get credit for the work here) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news/bad news content ... Hopefully, having all the facts will help you "see around some corners."
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
… just checking back in to see how things are going.
Did my answer help?
Let me know…
Lane