How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4624
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took a profit distribution of $10,000 from my 100%-owned C

Customer Question

I took a profit distribution of $10,000 from my 100%-owned C Corporation that I have owned for 5 years. Can I claim this as $10,000 as a "Qualified Dividend" on schedule B of my 2014 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return or is this considered an "Ordinary
Dividend" and why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.
Your dividends qualify as qualified. reports the list, but your ownership of a domestic for profit corporation for years qualified the dividend.
Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer