Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a letter from the Integrity & Verification Operations…

Customer Question
I received a letter from...
I received a letter from the Integrity & Verification Operations Program regarding my taxes. There was no return address, phone number or any other contact infromation included. ll attempts to commumnicte with this program have been futile. "Where's My Refund" won't give me an answer. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/4/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
If you were identified by the program for identity theft, you may have receive a "4464C" letter from IVO stating that your tax return is being thoroughly reviewed so that the IRS can "ensure the accuracy of return information.
The letter states that the IRS may contact you or third parties for further information and that if you do not hear from the IRS or receive your refund within 60 days from the date of the letter, you may contact the IRS directly. Once the IRS has completed its review, it may send a full or partial refund or no refund.
Whatever the decision, you can appeal it.
You are not required to do anything at this time. 60 days is your time frame. After that has passed you can contact the IRS at their general number(###) ###-####.
If you do not receive assistance then you can contact the Advocate's Office.
http://www.irs.gov/Advocate
Please advise if you need clarification.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4