How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15307
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from the Integrity & Verification Operations

Customer Question

I received a letter from the Integrity & Verification Operations Program regarding my taxes. There was no return address, phone number or any other contact infromation included. ll attempts to commumnicte with this program have been futile. "Where's My Refund" won't give me an answer. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a tax adviser with over 20 years of experience.
If you were identified by the program for identity theft, you may have receive a "4464C" letter from IVO stating that your tax return is being thoroughly reviewed so that the IRS can "ensure the accuracy of return information.
The letter states that the IRS may contact you or third parties for further information and that if you do not hear from the IRS or receive your refund within 60 days from the date of the letter, you may contact the IRS directly. Once the IRS has completed its review, it may send a full or partial refund or no refund.
Whatever the decision, you can appeal it.
You are not required to do anything at this time. 60 days is your time frame. After that has passed you can contact the IRS at their general number(###) ###-####.
If you do not receive assistance then you can contact the Advocate's Office.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 2 years ago.
Please advise if you need clarification.