How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The IRS FILED a FTL ,000. They filed this lein in 2008

Customer Question


The IRS FILED a FTL federal tax lein for 90,000. They filed this lein in 2008 due to capital gains on properties that were sold after 3 months. However, the properties were sold in 2005/2006. Can I ammend the 1040 to show the losses. The houses show a gain because the sales price was $30,000 more than the purchase price. What is the max amount of losses you can show on each property? Are additions and upgrades count? We did additions and upgrades prior to selling each house and lost money. However, the IRS is not aware of these and the losses.




In order to continue, please select the option that best applies to you:

Read more:

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
As this is not a duplicate of your earlier question, I can assist.
I suspect it is too late to amend your 2008 returns. Please advise when they were filed.
Is the lien still in place? If so, is IRS taking any collection action?