Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

The IRS FILED a FTL ,000. They filed this lein in 2008

Customer Question
.
The IRS
...

.

The IRS FILED a FTL federal tax lein for 90,000. They filed this lein in 2008 due to capital gains on properties that were sold after 3 months. However, the properties were sold in 2005/2006. Can I ammend the 1040 to show the losses. The houses show a gain because the sales price was $30,000 more than the purchase price. What is the max amount of losses you can show on each property? Are additions and upgrades count? We did additions and upgrades prior to selling each house and lost money. However, the IRS is not aware of these and the losses.

In order to continue, please select the option that best applies to you:

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/new-question/is-dupe-question.aspx?tqid=424371837&dupetid=15331848&rpt=101#ixzz3c4JNPvIK

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Tax
6/4/2015
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
As this is not a duplicate of your earlier question, I can assist.
I suspect it is too late to amend your 2008 returns. Please advise when they were filed.
Is the lien still in place? If so, is IRS taking any collection action?
Customer