How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We received a notice cp2000 from irs and cannot figure out

Customer Question

We received a notice cp2000 from irs and cannot figure out what we did wrong on our return. IRS is saying we owe 4,141.00. We have compared their figures to ours and can't find our (or their) mistake. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!
I would need to read that notice to verify.
Most likely - there is unreported income on your tax return which was reported to the IRS by the payer...
Would you able to scam and send it to me?
There are two options - you may post it here - but be sure to remove all personal information because all posts are available for general public.
we may communicate via a private channel - but that would be some additional costs for you.