Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Im 4 days late on my Florida port st. lucie property taxes

Customer Question
I can pay them in...
Im 4 days late on my Florida port st. lucie property taxes I can pay them in the morning. Is there a problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
6/2/2015
Tax Professional: ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions. replied 2 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. Retired CPA
My hat is not a problem in any way whatsoever.
If you would prefer a call please let me know and I will arrange that.
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Different expert here - My name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional information.
Florida law requires that all real estate taxes be paid by March 31 each year. If those taxes are not paid, the law requires Tax Collectors to conduct an auction and sell "tax certificates" on or before June 1st.
You can read more about this topic at the following link:http://www.tcslc.com/tax/
In other words, you may be facing more than you are being led to believe by the first expert's answer.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you and best regards,
Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent