Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I want to wire the IRS money owed on my personal taxes today.

Customer Question
They levied my bank account...
I want to wire the IRS money owed on my personal taxes today. They levied my bank account and I have a certified check made out to them but am afraid they will take my electronic deposits if I dont wire them before Monday.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Tax
i NEED THE NUMBER TO WIRE THE IRS THE BALANCE DUE ON MY 2013 INCOME TAX. I NEED TO WIRE IT TODAY. PLEASE GIVE ME THE NUMBER THE BANK SHOULD USE OR AN ADDRESS I CAN OVERNIGHT IT TO SO THEY WILL HAVE IT BEFORE THE FIRST. IT NEEDS TO ARRIVE TO IRS TOMORROW.
I MAY LEAVE THIS COMPUTER AND HEAD TOWARD THE BANK SO EMAIL ME THE INSTRUCTIONS AT***@******.***
5/29/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 3 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Here's the wire Information ...
Receiving ABA/Routing Number:###-##-####
Receiving Financial Institution Name: US TREAS SINGLE TX
Beneficiary:
Taxpayer Identification Number: Name Control: Taxpayer Name: Tax
Type: Tax Year: Tax Month:
Example:###-##-####ABCC:ABC Company:94105:08:03:
Use the taxpayer worksheet (I'll give you the URL below) to obtain the Beneficiary information. (Specifically lines 2-7)
2 Taxpayer identification number:
3 Taxpayer name control: (the first four letters of your business name)*
4 Taxpayer name:
5 Tax type: (5 characters) see Common IRS Tax Type table below**
6 Tax year: (2 digits)
7 Tax month/quarter: (2 digits) see Common IRS Tax Type table below
* and ** (You'll find these numbers on the bottom of the document)
Here:
https://download.eftps.com/SameDayPaymentWorksheet.pdf
Just working through the document and inserting the correct codes from the bottom will give you everything you need
let me know if you have questions...
lane
this is personal income tax due not business
YOu just leave the business name blank
and can I send the letter that came in the mail . it's 1040 income tax
IF your financial institution requires something in that field use your name again
Hope this has helped
If this HAS helped, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the smiley faces or stars on your screen ...   that's the ONLY WAY I'm credited for the work here.
lane
P.S.
You can get all of that info HERE:
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Same-Day-Wire-Federal-Tax-Payments
Note that other forms of payment such as Credit Card are linked there as well
Lane