Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I made $20,000 per year I need to fill tothe IRS?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/28/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
It depends on your filing status (single, married, Head of household) and type of income. If your income is bellow the threshold listed below, you don't have to file. However if your income is from self-employment or 1099Misc (independent contractor), you will have to file a tax return if you made more than $400 regardless if you are bellow the filing threshold.
Single (under 65)
$10,150
Head of Household (Under 65)
$13,050 $400
Married Filing Jointly (Under 65 both spouses)
$20,300 $400
Married Filing Separately
$3,950 $400
Let me know if you have any questions or need more clarification. And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser