Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Around 2010 the irs notified me I was overpaid on a prior refund.

Customer Question
I was unemployed and low...
around 2010 the irs notified me I was overpaid on a prior refund. I was unemployed and low income so they placed me on a hardship and told me to pay when I had income again. I am now trying to pay but no longer have paperwork and don't know the amount due. How can I find out the amount due?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/20/2015
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
There are couple of way. You can call IRS directly(###) ###-####, the agent will give you up to date information how much you owe. You can request a bill or you can make a payment using form 1040V: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf
Another option is to request your account transcript. This will list all activity on your account (payments, balance due, interest or penalty charged).You can call IRS transcript hotline(###) ###-####, the transcript will be mailed to you or can get it online here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
And here are some other options how to make a payment: http://www.irs.gov/Payments
Let me know if you have any questions.
I see you read my respond. Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser