How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2997
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Around 2010 the irs notified me I was overpaid on a prior refund.

Customer Question

around 2010 the irs notified me I was overpaid on a prior refund. I was unemployed and low income so they placed me on a hardship and told me to pay when I had income again. I am now trying to pay but no longer have paperwork and don't know the amount due. How can I find out the amount due?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
There are couple of way. You can call IRS directly(###) ###-####, the agent will give you up to date information how much you owe. You can request a bill or you can make a payment using form 1040V:
Another option is to request your account transcript. This will list all activity on your account (payments, balance due, interest or penalty charged).You can call IRS transcript hotline(###) ###-####, the transcript will be mailed to you or can get it online here:
And here are some other options how to make a payment:
Let me know if you have any questions.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
I see you read my respond. Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.