Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Dear Sirs, My husband is 100% disabled with the Federal Government.

Customer Question
Dear Sirs, My husband...
Dear Sirs, My husband is 100% disabled with the Federal Government. He tried to file our income tax with Turbo Tax. He doesn't know what he is doing and apparently made a mistake. I don't know where he got $700.00 from maybe he thought that the refrigator we purchased was one we sold. We don't need any tax deductions because we only make $21,243 from his one job in Colorado. Turbo tax does our tax return and we get back $900.00 a year that he does not draw out of his normal salary and gets it back at the end of the year. He also made a mistake by not filing the correct return for our new rental in Missouri. We then filed with H&R block and sent IRS a $155.00 amended tax return for the rented property. We never asked for more than we had coming anyways. The amount his employer sent to you.$900.00 is all we ask. Do we need to file a 8263 form because we never sold anything for 700.00. Sorry My husband will not file our tax returns anymore he has dementia and can't even handle our bank finances. What else do we need to do or sign. We were not trying to cheat the IRS out of anything much less 900.00 Dollars he paid in anyways which we have not received. Sincerely ***** ***** Reply Refer(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/19/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
To correct federal income tax filing - we need to use form 1040X.However - to verify what exactly we need to correct - please provide me exact information - what income was reported and your actual withholding.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney