How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Sirs, My husband is 100% disabled with the Federal Government.

Customer Question

Dear Sirs, My husband is 100% disabled with the Federal Government. He tried to file our income tax with Turbo Tax. He doesn't know what he is doing and apparently made a mistake. I don't know where he got $700.00 from maybe he thought that the refrigator we purchased was one we sold. We don't need any tax deductions because we only make $21,243 from his one job in Colorado. Turbo tax does our tax return and we get back $900.00 a year that he does not draw out of his normal salary and gets it back at the end of the year. He also made a mistake by not filing the correct return for our new rental in Missouri. We then filed with H&R block and sent IRS a $155.00 amended tax return for the rented property. We never asked for more than we had coming anyways. The amount his employer sent to you.$900.00 is all we ask. Do we need to file a 8263 form because we never sold anything for 700.00. Sorry My husband will not file our tax returns anymore he has dementia and can't even handle our bank finances. What else do we need to do or sign. We were not trying to cheat the IRS out of anything much less 900.00 Dollars he paid in anyways which we have not received. Sincerely ***** ***** Reply Refer(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
To correct federal income tax filing - we need to use form 1040X.However - to verify what exactly we need to correct - please provide me exact information - what income was reported and your actual withholding.