How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3126
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Don't know if you can answer this question ,but here goes ...

Customer Question

Don't know if you can answer this question ,but here goes ... its a Irs question...we have to pay the IRS $ 657.00 we were suppose to send the full payment in with our 1040 -v form but only sent 100.00,with the form ,they cashed the check but never heard from them weather we can send so much a month or not ..Can you tell us what we should do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.
If you didn't send a full payment, you will mostly likely get a bill for the difference any time soon. You have two options. You can just pay as much as you can each month until you pay off the balance or you can request installment agreement. Installment agreement will save you little on the interest but it comes with a hefty $120 fee. If the remaining balance is $550 you are better off just pay as much as you can.
To request installment agreement you can do it here:
Or to send another payment you can use another 1040V or the voucher attached the IRS letter.
Let me know if you have nay questions.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 years ago.
I see you read my respond. Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.