Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I think I sent my income tax in on 4/14/15 because I have a

Customer Question
print out That says "Your...
I think I sent my income tax in on 4/14/15 because I have a print out That says "Your Federal taxers of $3209 will be debited from you Checking account".
It also says "The IRS may take a few days to debit your account." It is now 5/13/15 and has not been deducted from my account.
I just noticed that on my printout on the bottom it has (Continue Back)
I'm 74 and wonder if I failed to complete the process. What do I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/13/2015
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
No, once you get that statement, ""Your Federal taxes of $3209 will be debited from your Checking account," you are through with the process.
I would give it a week or two before calling.
IRS is VERY low on resources and staff this year. They announced in January that there may be furloughs and that processing would be atypically long this year.
Also, we are hearing this over and over, also checks not being cashed for a month, etc.
Based on what's going on with the government cutbacks I would give this some more time and simply be sure that the dollars are available for them to debit.
Let me know if you have questions...
Lane
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS