Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

As a retiree aged 65 how much tax will I have to pay on income

Customer Question
derived from non super sources...
As a retiree aged 65 how much tax will I have to pay on income derived from non super sources eg rent from property and interest on deposits?
I have no income from super.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 day by:
5/13/2015
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you today.
If you’re Age Pension age (currently age 65) or older, you have more generous tax-free thresholds, known as the Seniors and Pensioners Tax Offset (SAPTO). If you’re single, you can earn up to $32,279 in the 2014/2015 year (or for the 2013/2014 year, or for the 2012/2013 year) in non-super income without paying a cent of tax because of the application of SAPTO and LITO (low income tax offset).
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4