How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3282
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What taxes do we need to pay? H2B visa holders from Philippines

Customer Question

What taxes do we need to pay? H2B visa holders from Philippines working in Guam
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your tax question today.
For the H-2B (non-ag) workers on Guam, a treaty with the Philippines eliminates the payroll taxes on this particular group of primarily construction workers.
The following links contain excellent information you will find helpful:
Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.
Thank you and best regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question is, what taxes do we have to pay pertaining to employment in GUAM under h2b visa? Do you mean, we don't have to pay taxes in GUAM?
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 years ago.
If you are a nonresident alien of the United States who does not qualify as a bona fide resident of Guam for the entire tax year, you generally must file the following returns.
•A Guam tax return reporting only your income from sources within Guam. In this situation, wages for services performed in Guam, whether for a private employer, the U.S. Government, or otherwise, is income from sources within Guam.
•A U.S. tax return (Form 1040NR) reporting U.S. source income according to the rules for a nonresident alien. See the instructions for Form 1040NR.

Related Tax Questions