How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12670
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a F1099 which has a category entitled "Adjustments to

Customer Question

I have a F1099 which has a category entitled "Adjustments to Interest and OID"
Included are 5 entries.
Non-qualified interest
Interest shortfall on contingent payment debt
Bond premium (tax exempt) noncovered lots
Acquisition premium non-Treasury obligatons non covered lots
Market discount.
I assume that the bond premiums and market discounts are just bond premiums that need to be amortized. In reading the discussion it appears that the non-qualified interest must be reported as interest income, but how do I show it on the return?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
That's right. It's just reported as interest income.
This is reported on Schedule B. See this from IRS:
List each payer's name and the amount received from each payer on Form 1040A, Schedule B, Part I, line 1, ...
... or Form 1040, Schedule B, line 1.
Include all OID and periodic interest shown on any Form 1099-OID, boxes 1, 2, and 8, you received for the tax year. Also include any other OID and interest income for which you did not receive a Form 1099.
You can read more about this here:
Let me know if you have questions ...