Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I started a c-corp in 1999 that never got off the ground. I

Customer Question
still keep the corp active...
I started a c-corp in 1999 that never got off the ground. I still keep the corp active by filing the taxes yearly with 0 revenue. In 1999 I bought a computer for the corp & installed quick books on it. The computer is toast now & I wanted to know if I could use the MACRS method to depreciate it this year. Still on my books under other assets for the corp. Was primarily used for personal use. Know I can't expense it because it wasn`t put in use this filing year. How do I get it off my books and what forms do I use for the IRS? If I use the 4562, what lines & amounts do I fill in?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/7/2015
Tax Professional: ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions. replied 2 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
we should talk about this via telephone. I will send you an offer.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney