How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started a c-corp in 1999 that never got off the ground. I

Customer Question

I started a c-corp in 1999 that never got off the ground. I still keep the corp active by filing the taxes yearly with 0 revenue. In 1999 I bought a computer for the corp & installed quick books on it. The computer is toast now & I wanted to know if I could use the MACRS method to depreciate it this year. Still on my books under other assets for the corp. Was primarily used for personal use. Know I can't expense it because it wasn`t put in use this filing year. How do I get it off my books and what forms do I use for the IRS? If I use the 4562, what lines & amounts do I fill in?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
we should talk about this via telephone. I will send you an offer.