Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Yes

Customer Question
yes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/6/2015
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Seems as your question was cut off. Please post it again.

I work for an employer.

We overdeducted SDI for the 1st quarter of 2015.

Should we make a payroll adjustment? Or will this be rectified at the end of the year with a credit to our employees from the state on their taxes?

Your employer woudl need to correct your state employment tax return - and correct SDI amount.Your employer will also need to issue corrected W2 form to employees and to the IRS.
As we already discussed - your employer woudl need to correct your state employment tax return - and correct SDI withholding amount.Your employer will also need to issue corrected W2 form to employees and to the IRS.Here is the form to be used fro correctionshttp://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw2c.pdfI appreciate if you take a moment to rate my answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor