Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Yes

Customer Question

yes
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Seems as your question was cut off. Please post it again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I work for an employer.

We overdeducted SDI for the 1st quarter of 2015.

Should we make a payroll adjustment? Or will this be rectified at the end of the year with a credit to our employees from the state on their taxes?

Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
Your employer woudl need to correct your state employment tax return - and correct SDI amount.Your employer will also need to issue corrected W2 form to employees and to the IRS.
Expert:  Lev replied 2 years ago.
As we already discussed - your employer woudl need to correct your state employment tax return - and correct SDI withholding amount.Your employer will also need to issue corrected W2 form to employees and to the IRS.Here is the form to be used fro correctionshttp://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw2c.pdfI appreciate if you take a moment to rate my answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.