Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am in Texas. I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy,already went to

Customer Question
court, and now IRS sent...
I am in Texas. I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy,already went to court, and now IRS sent me refund check of the taxes I already paid.
I don't know if Chapter 7 allows for that. I fear depositing this check before I know if it is ok to do so
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
5/2/2015
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Based on the following information, you are required to turn the check over to the BK Trustee. SEE BELOW: How the Trustee Gets Your Tax Refund How the trustee obtains your tax refund may vary depending on where you live.In many cases, the trustee fills out a form to notify the Internal Revenue Service that you have filed for bankruptcy and that any refund due is property of the bankruptcy estate. The Internal Revenue Service then sends the refund directly to the trustee. If the refund is sent directly to you, if you have not claimed the refund as exempt, you must give the check or money to the trustee when you receive it. The trustee can deposit a check into the account that is created for the money collected in your case even if the check is made payable to you directly -- so you don’t need to cash the check or endorse it before forwarding it the trustee. REFERENCE SOURCE:http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/chapter-7-bankruptcy-trustee-take-tax-refund.html Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.

thank you. I do NOT want a membership, I only wished to know the answer to my question. cancel membership, I don't need it.

You are welcome. I will be sure that customer service knows that you do not wish to have a membership. Please be so kind as to positively rate the response. As this is how I receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I will go to Paypal to make sure no more payments except for the 32.00 today.

If there are any billing issues, that is handled by customer support.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney