How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a Consultant have to pay Saudi Arabia taxes temporary

Customer Question

Does a Consultant have to pay Saudi Arabia taxes for a temporary job assignment of less than 10 months?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.
In brief, the answer is yes. SEE BELOW: Non-residents who do not have a legal registration or a permanent establishment in Saudi Arabia aresubject to withholding tax on their income derived from a source in Saudi Arabia. A Saudiresident entity must withhold tax from payments made to such non-residents with respect to income derived from Saudi Arabia. This rule applies regardless of whether the Saudi entity is a taxpayer. REFERENCE SOURCE: There is no tax treaty between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia. If you are a U.S. citizen, you may qualify for the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555) or the Foreign Tax credit (Form 1116). Let me know if you require further assistant with this matter.